Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Dolar Saved is a Minute Saved

It seems like every day people have less time to enjoy a movie, a peaceful weekend with the family, reading a book or playing with the kids. Time seems not to be enough to do all the chores needed to maintain our lifestyles.

We spend hours shopping for the items that we need daily: makeup, toiletries, cleaning products, books, toys, presents for birthday parties, office supplies, fragrances, clothing and so much more. Weekends have turned into excursions to the stores. Kids spend hours at stores like Costco, Walmart, Target or huge shopping malls instead of riding a scooter or playing ball at the park. Parents come back exhausted after the trip to the store with a 3 and 5 year old kids.

But thankfully, the Internet has made for some of us that have learned how to take advantage of it our lives less complicated. We have recovered our lives and our time, at the same time that we have discovered that we can cut our monthly expenses tremendously.

I can get the same Skechers, Stride Rites or Steven Maddens delivered to my door. I can have razor blades, toothpaste, toilet paper, diapers, wipes, snacks, spices, herbs, detergent, cleaning supplies delivered to my door. I can get the same toys I had planned as a gift or for my kids delivered to my door. I can get the food for my pets and other supplies delivered to my home as well as items I know I need every month. Many times I don't pay State tax and the shipping is free! Think of the money saved on gas when you stop driving around the city in order to get what you need it is a lot! I can say that I have reduced my gas expenses at least by half and I am reducing my carbon footprint too!

It takes me 5 minutes to get food for my pets. Maybe 10 to get school supplies for my girls. It takes be about 15 to get all the cleaning and beauty supplies and the best part is that it only takes me about 30 minutes in and out to the grocery store just to get perishables, fruits and veggies.

If you live in an apartment, think about the time saved going up and down the elevator to get your needs.
If you have small children think about how unhappy they are after 30 minutes at the store and how miserable is your shopping experience.

I have discovered that using online coupons I can save 10 or 20% sometimes even more.I add to that the cash back i receive for using a site that links me to 2000 retailers, many of them are eco-friendly.

I have registered my email with many retailers and I receive amazing discounts and I take advantage of them. And the best part is that online shopping is just at the beginning of what it will be the way to shop in a few years.

I have been introduced to a wide variety of green products that are mmuch better for my family, and obviously better for our planet and they all get to my front door! And did you know that as long as you ask ground shipping, online shopping is a greener way to get your items since shipping trucks already have their routes and many run on electricity?

So here I want to share some discount coupons with you so you can sit and relax, have a glass of wine while you get your monthly items and enjoy the time saved with the ones you love.
  • Fossil - Free Shipping on orders of $100 or more
  • Discount School Supplies - 30% on Arts and Crafts
  • Victoria's Secret - Get 8 Secret garden body care items for $35 with code GARDEN35
  • Bath & Body Works - $3 shipping on any order of $50 or more with code SHIP3
  • Kipling - 20% off your purchase with code SPRING20
  • Express - $15 OFF your purchase of $60 or more with code 4199
  • FamousFootwear - BOGO + 15% OFF your purchase with code BUNNY15
  • Target - $5 Off your purchase of $50 or more with code TC5W31BE
  • Vitalicious (nutritious muffins) - 15% OFF Ester Chocolate Pack with code EEPQ4QTYQ
  • Cost Plus World Market - Illy Coffee only at $9.99
  • ULTA Beauty - Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more code 51160 - Or 20% off One item with code 49202
  • Banana Republic - Mystery coupon: Get 15%, 20%, 30% or 50% on your purchase with code BHC16BYQNPK6
  • Northern Tool + Equipment - Free Shipping on thousands of items for a limited time

GO SHOPPING - FIND ALL THESE RETAILERS AND MORE HERE

No comments: